1981 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM PACE CAR SPECIAL EDITION WS6 RECARO T/A Y85 PACAG
Private seller / Contact Seller
San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
Technical data for 1981 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500 PACE CAR SPECIAL EDITION RECARO T/A
|SubModel:||SPECIAL ADDITION Y85 WS6|
|Trim:||Daytona 500 PACE CAR SPECIAL EDITION RECARO T/A|
|Engine:||V8 4.9-Liter Turbo|
|Interior color:||BLACK AND RED FACTORY RECARO SEATS|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
This an all original matching #s 1981 Pontiac Trans Am SE WS6 (VIN1G2AX87T3BL121318) is one ofexactly 2,000Daytona Pace Car editions fitted with the optional Y85 package.
The Turbo Special EditionY85package includes
- Red carpeting,
- Embroidered bird on door panels and rear seat,
- Red instrument lighting,
- Digital display (ETR) radio.
- The exterior has two-tone paint, white lower and black roof T-top section with specific stripes.
- Specific NASCAR decals on front fenders,
- Recaro T/A door handle inserts
- And hood mounted 3-stage turbo boost indicator panel.
- Pontiac 4.9-Liter Turbo Charged V8 engine,
- 15X7.5 turbo cast aluminum wheels and limited slip axle.
- Optional dealer installed door panel decals were also available.
Rated at 200 HP and 340 lb. ft., no intercooler was fitted, the turbo blowing directly through a four-barrel carb whose mixture was controlled electronically. This one is completely stock under the hood, as well as nice and tidy as mileage would suggest.
This T/A showsexcellentin person, just as good or better than the pictures. it runs and drives excellent,odometer reading is documented,all the power options are in great working order, and the A/C works great. here is your chance to own a very well kept and cared for survivor. Absoluteshow stopper everywhere it goes. This car is an insane attention grabber, alwaysthe #1 topic of discussion.
I would put this car up agonistany othersurvivor81 Recaro T/A out there. You will not have to restore or even work on it. Just get in and drive it to your local car show.
I go through the car every time it goes on the road. This car does not see the Phoenix Sun in the summer and stays inside covered on a trickle charge. Fires right up and drives as nice and smooth as it looks.
Sale includes the original build sheet, books, and window sticker. This 81 trans am pace car shares the X code in the VIN with the Trans AM Super Duty and 10thanniversary Trans AM.
Please keep in mind, this is not a 1980 Pace car. All though they share similar looks and drivetrain, this 1981 Pace car is the only second gen Trans AM fitted with factory Recaro interior. Making it Highly unique and a rare find in this condition. There are not many of the 81 pace cars left, most of them have been scavenged for their interior or have been modified.
Quick Facts on 1981 DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR
- Limited to 2000 Produced
- X87 VIN code and Y85 Package
- First Trans Am to Sport Recaro Seats.
- Custom Air Condition
- 4 wheel power disc brakes
- Recaro T/A Door Handle Insert
- WS6 Special Performance Package
- 1981 Quick Facts
- Richard Petty Wins the 1981 Daytona 500.
- First launch of Space Shuttle (Columbia)
- First DeLorean rolls off the assembly line.
- MTV Launches 24 hr Music Video
- Webmaster graduates high school.
- Gas Price Average $1.55 per gallon
- Bobby Unser Wins The Indy 500
- Ronald Regan Becomes 40th US President
- Okland Wins The NFL Superbowl
- Dodgers Win The World Series
free unlimited photo hosting